BUYMAX IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR THE CONTENT OR PRIVACY PRACTICES ON ANY NON-BUYMAX WEB SITES TO WHICH THIS SITE LINKS.
INFORMATION COLLECTION AND USE
- Information Collection. BuyMax collects information from its members at several different points and in different ways on this Site. BuyMax will ask Site authorized users for their permission before BuyMax collects any information that personally identifies them or their business, or allows BuyMax to contact them or their business. The person providing the information must be at least 18 years of age. The person providing the information has received all required consents in order to provide the information. BuyMax’s goal in collecting and using personal and business information from each user and/or each user’s organization is to provide each user with an efficient, meaningful and customized experience by:
- making this Site easier for users to use by not having to enter information more than once.
- helping users quickly find information and services.
- helping BuyMax create content on this Site that is most relevant to users.
- alerting users to updated information and services offered by BuyMax.
- Registration. To use this Site a user may be required to first complete an online registration form. During registration each user will be prompted to provide to BuyMax certain personal and business information, and possibly credit reference information, including without limitation, a user’s name, business address, business phone number and business e-mail address. In addition, BuyMax may also ask each user for their country of residence and/or your organization’s country of operation so BuyMax can comply with applicable privacy laws and regulations.
- Ordering. BuyMax requests certain personal and business information on its electronic product ordering form. If a user orders a product through this Site on behalf of user’s organization, the user will be prompted to provide to BuyMax certain personal and business information, including without limitation, the buyer’s name and shipping address, and possibly financial information, including without limitation, company P.O. number, vendor account number, credit card number and expiration date. These kinds of personal and business information are used for billing purposes and to fulfill a customer’s orders. Additionally, if BuyMax has a problem processing a customer’s order, BuyMax uses the personal and business information to contact the customer.
- Cookies and Other Technology. BuyMax may collect aggregated site-visitation statistical information through “cookies” and other technology, such as clear GIF technology which is also known as a “web beacon”. Such aggregated statistical information is non-personal and non-business information. This Site employs cookies and web beacons to speed your navigation of the Site, recognize each user and its access privileges, and tracks a user's site usage.
- "Web beacons" assist in delivering cookies and help BuyMax determine whether a web page on this Site has been viewed and, if so, how many times. For example, any electronic image on this Site, such as an ad banner, can function as a web beacon.
- Log Files. The Site server automatically recognizes the Internet URL from which you access this Site. BuyMax may also log your Internet protocol ("IP") address for system administration and troubleshooting purposes. (An IP address indicates the location of your computer on the Internet.) BuyMax does not link an IP address to any personally identifiable information.
Information Use and Disclosure.
- Internal Use. BuyMax may identify a user in connection with its use of certain aspects of this Site. For example, BuyMax may identify a user company’s contact person, company name, address, and telephone number. BuyMax may internally use a user’s personal information and business information to improve BuyMax’s marketing and promotional efforts, to improve the Site’s content and/or layout, and to determine general marketplace information about visitors to this Site.
- External Use. BuyMax has relationships with many vendors who provide the products available for sale through this Site. BuyMax does not generally sell, rent, license or otherwise disclose a user’s personal and business information or financial information to any third parties, BUT BUYMAX DOES DISCLOSE the company’s contact person, company name, address and telephone number: (1) to its vendors; and (2) to outside companies that ship products, process customer orders or process financial transactions (collectively the “Third Parties”) and such Third Parties cannot further communicate the personal information other than for commercial purposes. Moreover, BuyMax may disclose personal and business information in response to a valid court or governmental order or if BuyMax is otherwise required or permitted to disclose such information by law.
This Site incorporates various physical, electronic and administrative procedures to safeguard the confidentiality of a user’s personal and business information. WHILE BUYMAX HAS TAKEN EVERY COMMERCIALLY REASONABLE PRECAUTION TO SAFEGUARD YOUR PERSONAL AND BUSINESS INFORMATION, BUYMAX CANNOT GUARANTEE COMPLETE SECURITY BECAUSE COMPLETE SECURITY DOES NOT PRESENTLY EXIST ON THE INTERNET.
Upon a user’s request and provided that BuyMax is satisfied with the authority of the person making the request, BuyMax will, within 30 days after the request, (a) give access to the user’s file (b) remove the user’s personal and business information from BuyMax’s database (which might cancel any subscription to this Site or a portion of this Site); (c) correct or update such personal and business information; or (d) provide a copy of the user’s file at a cost of. A user can request that BuyMax remove, correct or update the personal and business information by logging into the website and changing the company’s profile, by sending an e-mail to email@example.com. US Mail – BuyMax L.L.C.,50 Central Avenue, Suite 920, Sarasota, Florida 34236, or fax 941-552-5102.
UPDATES TO THIS POLICY